Both marketing and the professional world have evolved since the introduction of the internet. This shift grew even more prominent with the introduction of social media, which now serves as an online marketplace for businesses of all sizes.
There are many reasons why businesses play the long game by marketing online. Recent data shows that over half of the world’s population uses social media regularly, while 93% of all internet users are signed up to at least one social media platform. These statistics show that 2023 is the perfect year to start marketing digitally, and the benefits are greater than ever!
If you’re still in the camp that prefers to market the traditional way, keep reading as we present five reasons why you need a social media presence to market your business:
- Connect with your audience: Social media allows companies to communicate directly with customers, allowing for more targeted and personalized interactions. How you approach customers will vary, so human interactions are essential!
- Monitor brand mentions: How will you know what people say about you if you can’t check it? With social media, customers and other companies can tag your business, giving you a marketing opportunity. Even if the mentions are negative, this knowledge will help you course-correct for the future.
- Increase brand awareness: Only your trusted local customers see your efforts when you market the traditional way. When you market online, you expand your reach to millions of potential customers across the globe who may just be looking for a product like yours.
- Generate leads and sales: Along with those potential customers come leads. With social media, you can target users based on their interests and location. This can be a great way to generate leads and even drive sales directly from your social platforms.
- Use analytics: Social media platforms offer business accounts insights into their performance, with statistics and data that are helpful for you to determine whether your efforts are fruitful or if you need to troubleshoot and redirect your efforts elsewhere!
Social media is a vast realm full of possibilities. It’s all about how you use it that determines your success. You may not be a massive fan of Instagram or TikTok right now, but when you realize the potential of how high you can reach, you will see that it is worth it every second!
Contact us today if you need help starting your social media marketing journey!